Over the years I have been unsuccessfully trying to create perfect smoky eyes. I have a pale complexion, so unless I'm tanned, when I put an eye liner I look like a freaking panda on steroids. I know that I can choose a grey/dark brown eye liner, but unfortunately it's not the same - I've tried.
I have a collection of eye shadows, crayons, eye liners, etc., etc., which I don't use, because I simply don't now how. I've asked all of my girlfriends to teach me, I've watched insane number of YouTube tutorials and it turns out that everyone can do it except me - lines I draw are just like if one year old would draw!
Despite the fact that I have this collection of smoky eye make-up, I was keen to check out new product - why deny myself an opportunity to add something new, especially when there's promotion and you can buy it £3 cheaper.
So I decided to try out Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect Eyeshadow and it's great!
- there are two ends marked Step 1 and Step 2 and you simply put it on according to the indicators;
- it blends easily together, has a glittery feel and I could finally manage to create the look!
- it smudges perfectly and you can decide for yourself how dramatic your look can be;
- the wand is really easy to hold and you can always get the right amount with every application;
- it lasts on the eye for a long time and there are no smudges (huge bonus!);
- I am yet to see how economically efficient it is, but my instinct tells me it's going to have a long lifespan;
- the only flaw is that when you apply both ends (white and black) you need to use a lot of black end to get a really strong colour. It's definitely easier with the black Bourjois eyeshadow, so I tried to also put Bourjois on and it worked - it's also good if you don't want your make-up to be all glittery.