Thursday 31 March 2011

Kawaii things

I completely and utterly adore stationery. My favourite is Paperchase, where are the most amazing designs of butterflies, flowers and cute things. What's not to love? The only thing that makes me sad is that the old designs are not available after a while. My little secret is that I am such a weirdo that most of the notepads and notebooks are not even used, because I have a protective instinct to keep them in mint condition. Only Boyfriend knows about this addiction and he never says anything mean about it (or anything for that matter), so it's completely fine. 

My recent indulgence was the Japanese-themed Tokio-style designs. I fall for kawaii things like a moth to light a bee to honey (I'm scared of moths despite everyone telling me that these are just ugly butterflies). I would really like to go to Japan and even live there for a year or two, because I'm fascinated by the mixture of new and old culture, unique customs and the modern technology out there. I want to start to learn Japanese - just for fun and pleasure, just for me. And since I've discovered the best green tea in the world, I had to buy a new mug - it was a necessity.



Tomorrow I'm planning to go alone to The Wallace Collection for the lecture about Madame de Pompadour. I also want to go for a little stroll and just enjoy myself. I need to learn to go out on my own. Before the depression hit me, I was fine with spending time by myself. But since I've been isolated for so long and didn't want to have any contact with other people, I need to learn to do it all again. There's always someone with me when I'm in Central London, so it's time to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...