Thursday 27 January 2011

6 weeks experiment

For a while I have been thinking about loosing some weight and shape-up in a serious way (not the usual I'll start on Monday crap). For a long time I've had a huge pile of Zest magazines on my bedside table and when I started to read them I've felt that I need to change myself, to get better and healthy. It's also one of my New Year Resolutions, so I had to at least attempt to do something.  

"Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, 
you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did." 
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

So to kick start my new healthier approach to life I need to do two things: go on a diet and start exercising. 
I do have problems with dieting - if I let it slip once - I'm done. However, if I want to and commit to something - I can do it. Last year I went on a 10-days detox when I drank only water mixed with honey and lemon (my own version of Lemon Detox Diet). Now I simply need to eat less and more healthy and stop eating all these sugary desserts and sweets. 

As for getting moving I've decided to join the gym for six weeks. I know that six weeks is VERY little, but I do not want to commit myself to buying a full membership. Firstly, I don't have that kind of money and the six weeks option is cheaper. Secondly, I've already was a gym member and I was so committed to exercise that I went there only a couple of times. So now - when I have only six weeks - I want to commit myself to these six weeks only. Maybe later I'll buy a full membership, maybe not. But for now, because I have time frame and I know when this will actually end - I have better motivation not to waste the money and use it! 

After two visits at the gym, where the incompetency of the customer manager forced me to write a letter of complaint, I simply couldn't buy this 6 weeks membership. They were so pushy and invasive that I just backed out and bought it on-line (thankfully, it was possible to do it on the website). I just can't wait to see their faces when they will give me my membership card on Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...